Connecting to the more than human world with Agnes Becker
In today’s episode Ellen is joined by guest Agnes Becker of We Are Stardust. They discuss the concept that we’re burnt out people living on a burnt out planet, and the role re-connecting with nature has to play in our own recovery.
Agnes Becker is an artist, science communicator and creator of We Are Stardust – a place where art and science collide to enrich your experience of and relationship with our messy, beautiful universe. Agnes creates artwork that inspires connection with the more-than-human world and online adventures that encourages you to rewild your soul.
Discussed in this episode
- Interconnection between the more than human world and your intuitive self
- The need for more mud in Agnes’ life
- Agnes’ background and how this has shaped her experience of the natural world
- Tapping into the calls and signs from the natural world
- Allowing time spent outdoors – remembering that work isn’t just being on a computer
- Gradually spending more time in connection with nature, building it up step by step
- Stripping the conditioning of how we are told to be in our lives, reflecting on the lessons from nature, and incorporating these into our lives
- Experiences from Agnes’ seasonal adventures, and creating a community of like-minded souls
- How being outside helps us mindfully connect to ourselves and our bodies
- The reciprocal relationship of nurturing our bodies and nature
Links and resources
Agnes recommended the book; Braiding Sweetgrass by Robin Wall Kimmerer, find more information about that here
Sign up for Agnes’ FREE ‘Lungs of the Earth’ Tree Project running 13-23 September here
Join Agnes as she guides a nourishing community of starry-eyed learners through Rewild Your Soul – A Year Of Seasonal Adventures, created to deepen your experience of and belonging to the more-than-human world – from fungal networks deep in the earth to fiery stars billions of miles away. Read more and sign up here
Join our free Facebook community here to be part of a supportive group of women all on their own burnout recovery journeys.
Click here to sign up to our newsletter to receive regular letters to support you on your path to recovering from burnout.
Our 1:1 coaching packages provide you with supportive space to heal from burnout, and get out of the cycle of burnout so that you can live a life where you feel whole; a life that feels aligned with your values, your beliefs and your needs. A life where you finally feel free. You can read more about our burnout coaching and the current special offers here.
Thanks for listening!
Ellen and Kate x